TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Lich King.

Turbognar
Tue, 08/03/2011 - 20:38

I really hate the Nu-thrash band Lich King. They are very shallow and have very mediocre music. I can elaborate more on why I hate them but this post concerns something different. What i want to know is why does everyone like them? I see no redeeming qualities in any of their songs. Please Litch King fans tell me why you like them.

BeefCakeAssThrash's picture

I like them because they put their sense of humor into Thrash and I just dig their songs. Why is that so strange to you? have you even listened to Grindwheel or The Attack of the Wrath of the War of the Death of the Strike of the Sword of the Blood of the Beast?

Rotten's picture

Agreed. I rate Lich King. Musics good and they dont take themselves to seriously. Its just good, fun pit music.

Listen to Ed 209 \m/

Turbognar's picture

There is way better pit music out there.

Terroristic-Hammerings's picture

they suck very whiny and annoying plus they all seem like they are douches imo

Turbognar's picture

Thank you, this is how I feel.

Wormwood's picture

Agree

Turbognar's picture

These are both good points but I have to respectfully disagree. Metal for me is suppose to be strong and serious accompanied with good music. Even though the music is serious people still approach it with a sense of humor. Such as Slayer creating God hates us all. Tom said that he was just trying to piss people off and thought it was humorous. If we exclude the lyrical content and themes associated with Lich King, the music still isn't very good. I think Lich King is a trend band cashing in on "Thrash is back" movement going on.

Crunchysock's picture

I don't know what kind of money Lich King might be pulling down but I have a hard time believing any of these newer thrash band are "cashing in." If they're lucky they might make enough to not work real jobs.

Turbognar's picture

I didn't mean "cashing in" in its most literal sense. I was just writing what came out my head. I am sure you understand.

Crunchysock's picture

I get what you're saying. Like I said though they aren't cashing in, they're just a group of guys that obviously like thrash and wanted to put together a band and play. How can you hate on them for that? So what if you think they're a joke, they get out and do what they like doing. How about giving them a little respect for living the dream?

Turbognar's picture

It starts with one. Then as soon as you know everyone is doing the same thing.

is that a problem then? I like the idea of new Thrash bands coming up every day.

Turbognar's picture

It starts with one. Then a scene develops. Then emo kids join in and we have some shitty deathcore/Thrash hybrid.

iambadcompany's picture

I love that too.

Turbognar's picture

Also the humor isn't that great. Sure every joke is funny the first time, but after awhile it just gets boring.

I don't really see the problem. I think it's a great band and I like listening to their songs every now and then. I don't like cradle of filth or dimmu borgir, just to give an example, but you don't see me creating a forum topic completely bashing on them. I think it's a bit childish and it shows a certain lack of respect. I'm sorry, but that's just how I feel.

Terroristic-Hammerings's picture

mmmm demon burger and fries

ahahahahahaahahahaha xD

Mental-Vortex's picture

McDimmu Hamborgir

PowerThrashingDeath's picture

haha, Dimme Bosbeer! (dutch)

Turbognar's picture

Thats what forums are for genius. To create an open discussion that would otherwise could not happen anywhere else. You had the option to click on to my topic. Do you even know what respect is? Lich King makes a mockery of the bands I love. They say they create metal in vein of Exodus, Vio-lence, etc. They are disrespecting me and other metal heads. Sorry, but thats just how I feel.

You do know you kinda sound like a dumbass when you're talking about respect, yet the title of this topic says "Bitch King" instead of Lich King, right? Furthermore, I think you take everything way too serious. Umad? no offense, but grow a pair. I don't think you smash someone in the head who says he doesn't like Slayer. and you have the option to listen to them or not, it's up to you wether you enjoy it or not. In the meantime, fix that knot in your panties

Turbognar's picture

Dude relax. I just wanted to know why people like them. Not for people to argue with me.

Turbognar's picture

I also appreciated your comments till you said it was a lack of respect.

Turbognar's picture

Also I apologize if I came on too strong. Maaaan people can be mean on forums.

Turbognar's picture

Can you answer my question now? I changed the title.

I appreciate the fact that you're apologising, and I have to make an apology as well, it wasn't cool of me to react like that. well, to answer your question, I like Lich King because of the humor they put into their lyrics, yet I think the music has no influence of Exodus, Vio-lence or any other band I can name. I like their music, because to me, it sounds unique and significant. it sounds different to other Nu Thrash bands like Evile, Warbringer, Fueled By Fire, Violator and so on. I'm not saying they're better than the other Nu Thrash bands, they just sound unique and I like to listen to them.

I hope you now understand why I like them.

stay true \m/

Turbognar's picture

Thanks dude. Sorry things got out of hand.

hey, it's cool dude ^^
I shouldn't have started on the respect thing to begin with. :P

I like your jacket, btw :)

Turbognar's picture

Thanks. I have added soo many more patches since then.

bls-georg-pantera's picture

so you´re feeling disrespected about black metal sucks?
come on dude if you cant stand a joke you´re just pussy, i mean,the sex pistols made fun of frank sinatra lol and zakk wylde screamed once in a live dvd: LIM BIZKIT SUCKS COCK! and i dont see any limp dipshit fans making a forum for it?
even through i agree with zakk hehe...
butyeah i can understand it for a part,butstill dont act childish and get over it dude,if you dont like them than you dont like them but making a whole forum is like..yeah lil bit too mutch?

through i think i will make a forum called sexodus since i always get a orgams when i hear zetro of paul haha jk :p

Turbognar's picture

LIMP BISKIT RULES........

Crunchysock's picture

What the fuck is a limp bizkit?

a new cereal breakfast

Tico Tyrant's picture

I think the fact they poke at black metal is funny, that being said their musicianship does nothing for me, almost as boring as municipal waste.

Deathcore.Is.Not.Metal.'s picture

+1
Maybe I'm letting a few bands escape my mind, but Lich King and Municipal Waste are the worst of the NWOTM bands.

Inhuman's picture

I hate them too, not for their music but for their lyrics, I think they are too pretentious

blackstar1965's picture

ZOMBIE THREAD.

And just in time for Halloween!

mayhempunk666's picture

+1 haha

Mental-Vortex's picture

For me,their music is nothing special (quite boring) and so is their humor. It all seems a bit pretentious to me.

Elchtod777's picture

I quite enjoy them.

ConsideredDead11's picture

I messaged them on Facebook telling them how much they suck. Saying Black Metal sucks is not acceptable coming from nu-posers. Hate them.

Rotten's picture

I dig them. They don’t take shit seriously and I like that. I laugh at the lyrics. And many of the riffs are pretty good. The way you describe your distain for Lich King is the way I feel about 99% of black metal bands. I like black metal - but unlike thrash, the larger majority of it (to me) all sound the fuckin’ same - same regurgitated harmonies and riffs, same lo-fi production, I really cant tell one from the other.

JUANTHRASH's picture

I don`t think they are a good or a bad thrash band just average and they are not so different from all this new thrash bands but I do confess that I like their 8-bit album:)

IronMason's picture

I think they're hilarious, I like them a lot. Also I find their tunes very catchy. the new album is pretty sweet, can't wait to get my hands on it!

TThrasher's picture

The only song i've ever listened to was black metal sucks. I think it's pretty generic, and not even all that funny. But that's just me.

579,975 items in the gallery, 884,506 comments, and 649 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments