TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > All other metal related talk..

Trying to find patches of obscure NWOBHM bands

George thrash
Wed, 01/05/2024 - 11:09

Hi guys, I am making a vest( battle jacket) that is largely NWOBHM and I am trying to find patches of bands like:
Praying Mantis
The Handsome Beasts
Cryer
Marz
Demolition
Last flight
Dragster
Scarab ( the one that did the rock night 7 inch in 1980)
Satanic rites
Etc.
Thank you guys!

Miteux's picture

Hi,

Unholy Patches makes a couple of Praying Mantis times to times.
I believe Polywater have made a Dragster patch but not really sure, but if they had, as almost all polywater shits it's super hard to find...

George thrash's picture

Thank you! I looked on unholy and I could not find anything and please tell me if polywater has a website!

invisible-horizons's picture

hellsheadbangers.com
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk
Ebay.de
Burning Leather Mexico

bad_american1992's picture

Some of those bands are quite niche.... you may have to have the patches custom made by an embroidery shop if you want to represent them on your jacket.

MorticiA's picture

Worse case scenario: DYI patches (paint.)

It's actually fairly easy with the right techniques (not to mention you'll get that band patch faster and cheaper.) Here's the technique I developed:

The basic gist: Use a computer screen to get the exact size/scale of the Logo, place some Fabric on the screen and Tape the corners (thin fabric = easy to see through) crank up the brightness of the monitor and start tracing all of the Logo with your paint+brush. Afterwards, it's ideal to heat-set your paint if you're using basic Acrylic Paints, though if you get paint MEANT for fabric there's a decent enough change you won't have to heat-set. Why Heat set? You want the paint to vulcanize as a rubber, plus it helps prevent the paint from crumbling and migrating to other patches. It's possible to use this method for embroidering/making your own "woven patches" though it involves Plastic Food Wrap, a Sharpie and clear Packing Tape. Bonus tip (paint version:) Make sure you get the paint deep in the fabric even if it's coming out the backside of thin-fabric, after you've heat set your paint you don't want the front-side to flake away.

And yes, I've had to do both DYI versions (paint & sew) cause the bands were so obscure... I really need to upload my 2nd vest...

But, if you're trying to get more than just band logos (like Album Art, etc), then I'd seek a Custom patch service; Sublimated is usually the best and cheapest route. Usually.

585,461 items in the gallery, 886,102 comments, and 613 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments