TShirtSlayer Heavy Metal Merch Gallery
  • Bands (0)
  • Groups (0)
  • Members (0)
  • (X)

World's largest community of heavy metal tshirt and battlejacket collectors.

Forums > Tutorials / How To / Where To

Colouring patch border

Faber
Wed, 20/09/2023 - 00:00

Hello to all,

Got me a patch with some skyblue border. How can I turn that border into black? Just use a permanent marker?

Cheers

bad_american1992's picture

I've seen people sharpie colored bordered patches and it never really looks good. I've never tried this, but a small container with fabric die and a clothespin to hold the patch in place might do the trick. Just do one edge at a time.

ZillaMunster's picture

Have you done this before? I am curious about it. Just got a patch in a blue border and I would like to make it black.

Knightwhosayni's picture

I've used permanent markers in the past and it worked fine. That's how I turned the white border of the Chimay patch into black: https://tshirtslayer.com/battle-jacket/allied-forces-rocknroll-battlejac...

Faber's picture

Thanks guys. Will give both options a try.

Envenometal's picture

I have simply sewn over the edge of some patches by hand.
It takes a while, but the result is often better than simply recolouring the edge.

buddyunholy's picture

carefully cut off the border (not the patch but the blue thread), the best way is to dissect stitching from the back side

and then sew it like any lasercut patch, I like to do the herringbone stitch (google it), looks super neat

Queen Catsie's picture

I've had alright results with acrylic paint, thinned with water. Careful, it will stiffen your borders especially if it's not diluted enough.

588,399 items in the gallery, 886,923 comments, and 589 items have changed hands in the last month.

Guess this TShirt!

Can you guess which metal tshirt this is from?

Can you guess which metal TShirt this is from? Click here for all previous tshirt guesses

Recent Comments